Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lang-8 Reflection #3

I found this third (and final) lang-8 assignment of the semester to be a bit easier than in the past. I still had lang-8 corrections, but they were fewer and more minor in nature. I realize that the decrease in relative difficulty in writing a longer composition in Japanese is due probably to 1) the more structured topic 2) increased skill/ease with grammar/writing in general. When the task is less defined there seems to be more room for error. In the future I'm going to try to use this new knowledge by making sure to thoroughly plan what I write. The major mistakes that I made in the draft were using/constructing words that either don't exist in Japanese or sound unnatural in Japanese. It is for this reason that lang-8 is so useful; I wouldn't have been able to recognize the unnaturalness of certain formulations I used without a native speaker reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment