Monday, October 15, 2012

Lang-8 Reflection #1

The first assignment went pretty smoothly. I feel pretty satisfied with the way that my "e-mail" turned out, and there weren't really any egregious errors. The Lang-8 members were extremely helpful with pointing out small little mistakes and idiomatic issues that I would not be able to pick up on. I think one of the issues that I realize that needs some working on is my level of politeness. I think that my writing was actually too polite for the context. We've learned polite and casual speech, but I wonder if there is a way to sort of be sort of in between the two.

1 comment:

  1. what do you mean by having trouble with politeness? Is it that using the polite form makes your writing sound rigid and unnatural? I feel like I have been having the same issue. Although I have been mixing up casual and formal speech lately, which is also a problem

    ReplyDelete